Meet Holly Barkwell
The public safety industry, like many others, is undergoing massive change. Market disruptors in the form of new technologies and services have the potential to significantly improve service levels. However, these innovations carry new capital and operating costs placing additional burdens on municipal and government budgets.
Citizens are also demanding transparency and fiscal accountability with municipal spending so agencies must carefully plan how, when, and where to allocate precious resources.
BH Group Inc. provides services and support to public safety agencies struggling with these decisions, local and provincial governments, and private sector providers of public safety integration, hardware, and software.
Holly Barkwell, ENP, President & CEO, NENA Canadian Region Director
Holly works with public safety agencies delivering time tested proven solutions. Over the last two and a half decades she has assisted numerous clients by providing comprehensive solutions to operational and technical challenges.
Our goal is to find the best solution regardless of how large or small the challenge. To that end, Holly is an active participant in multiple industry associations including NENA and APCO, and serves on various industry technical panels and subcommittees. Past involvement in industry product safety groups like the Underwriters Laboratory of Canada and the Security Industry Association ensures safety standards for innovative equipment and technical applications are continually improved.
Holly’s involvement with innovative interoperability projects internationally and with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) conclusively demonstrated interoperability is achievable without requiring massive capital expenditures.
Holly Barkwell, PCT, C.E.T., BSB/M, ENP
- (O.A.C.E.T.T) – Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists: Certified Engineering Technologist, 1990, REG# 49958
- (N.E.N.A) – National Emergency Number Association, Member since 2002
- NENA Canada Region Director 2017-2019
- Emergency Number Professional (ENP) 2012
- NENA Non-Traditional Communications Committee 2006 – present
- NENA Short Message Service subcommittee, 2009
- NENA Telematics Committee 2004 – 2012
- NENA Emerging Topics Committee – 2012
- NENA Constitution and By-laws Committee 2005 & 2006
- NENA Private Sector Advisory Group 2008 – 2013
- NENA Publications Committee 2011 – present
- NENA Ontario Chapter Conference Organizing Committee 2003
- NENA Ontario Chapter Conference Chair 2004
- NENA Ontario Chapter Conference Committee 2005 – present
- NENA Ontario Chapter Vice President 2005
- NENA Ontario Chapter President 2006 – 2007
- NENA Ontario Chapter Conference Vendor Committee Chair 2009
- NENA Ontario Chapter 2nd Vice President 2011 – 2012
- NENA Ontario Chapter 1st Vice President 2012 – 2013
- (A.P.C.O) International /Canada – Association of Public Safety Communications Officials, Member since 2002
- APCO Data Transfer Committee 2006 – present
- APCO Telematics Committee 2006 – present
- APCO Corporate Advisory Council 2007, 2008
- APCO/NENA joint NG9-1-1 Capable PSAP Committee 2009 – 2011
- APCO / IJIS Public Safety Technical Standards Committee 2005 – 2006
- (SIA) Security Industry Association 2006, 2007
- Member of SIA Standards Security Communications Subcommittee (IP Working Group) 2006, 2007
- (ULC) Underwriters Laboratory of Canada, Participant in ULC-S561 Working Group 2003 – 2007
- CITIG (Canadian Interoperability Interest Group) 2009 – present
A decision was made early on to actively cultivate partnerships and this focus remains a core business driver today. The decision has proven beneficial for several reasons. First, the structure allows us to be agile and cost competitive by providing the right service at the right time. Second, we maintain a highly skilled group of experts, meaning we can mix and match skill sets to tasks as required.
An additional benefit of partnerships means that when unforeseen requirements or challenges arise outside the established Scope of Work, we have resources ready to assist.